Forum Home  |  Miscellaneous  |  The Weather

Snow in the forecast

by KevinFreitas
on 1/6/2008 @ 12:30pm
There's snow in the forecast but no real accumulation is expected. Does anyone think we'll get another significant dumping of white stuff like we had last year? I hope so.

by AP on 1/6/2008 @ 7:04pm
Goodness me I hope so too. Unfortunately, I don't see it getting quite cold enough. Being on the coast, it seems like we need 28 degrees or cooler to get real snow. Just so darn moist! Arrrggggh.

by KevinFreitas on 1/8/2008 @ 7:38am
Guess we got a little dusting today on the North End. Anyone else get any?

by izenmania on 1/8/2008 @ 8:18am
It definitely reached to where I am, at the South end of Wright Park. Not a lot, but enough to stick to cars and the grazz a little.

by AP on 1/8/2008 @ 10:37am
Yes, our grass was covered in a nice layer of white slush this morning. I'm sure it's gone by now. I really would like to see 6"+ before this weekend. Something has to give.

by AP on 1/26/2008 @ 12:22pm
Mixed snow and freezing rain were falling here 10 minutes ago. It turned to rain within minutes. Will the unlikely accumulation finally show up this evening? It looks doubtful if you trust our local meteorologists. Anybody in the mood for a snow day?

by KevinFreitas on 1/26/2008 @ 12:26pm
That would be sweet especially on a weekend when it doesn't tie up the commute as badly. Just drizzly rain downtown right now.

by jenyum on 1/26/2008 @ 1:33pm
Just nasty enough outside to not want to go anywhere.

A. is super cranky, and I'm missing a headlight so I think we're in for the day.

by AP on 1/26/2008 @ 8:41pm
We're in for the night as well. Sure could use a little snow to coax us and the pup outside...

by scout on 1/26/2008 @ 10:04pm
Promises, Promises - poophead snow, anyway!

by jenyum on 1/27/2008 @ 9:43am
The sky was brown this morning, now it's more of a steel gray. Too warm for snow by a ways now though, I think,

by KevinFreitas on 1/27/2008 @ 11:17am
It seems as though it tried last night. There was a little frosty snow barely visible on a path in our backyard. Promising skies but no dice just yet. Looks like the chance remains for the next couple nights.