Forum Home  |  Miscellaneous  |  Tangentville

Blueberry Park Chatter

by AP
on 7/17/2007 @ 6:00pm
There is a lot of media circulating regarding some place called Blueberry Park. Despite living here most of my life, following map links and reading Metro Parks press releases, I have yet to discover where this park is located...

Where is Blueberry Park??

by Ann on 7/17/2007 @ 6:53pm
Have yet to go myself -- maybe this year. I know it's off of 72nd on D Street I think. So south of 72nd, and east of Pacific Ave if that helps.

by KevinFreitas on 7/17/2007 @ 7:49pm
Stopped by there last year. [ map ]

It's slightly removed from 72nd but is a pretty large place. Most of it is "undeveloped" meaning there's trees, the rows and rows of blueberry bushes, and lots of stuff that goats are helping clear out.

Overall I'd say it's a charming place especially since you're free and welcome to pick the blueberries.

by AP on 7/18/2007 @ 12:11pm
Free blueberries! I love this place already. I could've looked it up on Google, but it's much more interesting to get information straight from The Feed. Thanks guys.

by Ann on 7/20/2007 @ 7:51am
My husband read in the paper that Saturday is Park Appreciation Day. From 9:00 to noon volunteer can do some clean up work. Blueberry Park is one of the parks listed in the story. Figured it was a great way to finally check the place out, and do some good works. Other parks listed: Alderwood Park, McKinley Park, Oak Tree Park, Point Defiance Park, Puget Creek Gulch, Ruston Way Waterfront, Swan Creek, Tacoma Nature Center, Titlow Park, Wapato Park.

by KevinFreitas on 7/20/2007 @ 8:14am
Those are all great spots and certainly deserve some TLC from the community. Blueberry Park is a real gem and I hope to make it out there, if not to appreciate it as a volunteer, to see the hungry goats.

by Ann on 7/20/2007 @ 8:23am
Oops - -sorry, got my facts wrong. My husband did see a blurb about volunteering at Blueberry Park for cleanup this saturday, but it's not Park Appreciation Date as earlier stated. This is what happens when you try to do things before the first cup of coffee. Although I'm pretty sure the other parks wouldn't mind if you stopped by and did some cleanup, it is not a scheduled event.

by jenyum on 7/20/2007 @ 8:26am
The Friends of Blueberry Park have a regular cleanup day every third Saturday.

by jenyum on 7/22/2007 @ 9:40am
err, that's "Blueberry Park Volunteers." Great group, we had a lot of fun.