Forum Home  |  What's Going On  |  Let's Get Together

MNF@TRH 2009

by izenmania
on 9/14/2009 @ 9:15am
Sure, a core of the regular crowd has made it out to the Red Hot on Monday nights regardless of what's on the television, but now it is time to remember the roots of our traditional meet-up night: FOOTBALL.

Yes, kids, Monday Night Football returns to The Red Hot and the world tonight, with a headliner between the New England Patriots (with Tom Brady healthy will they look like the Pats of 2007, or will they stumble?) and the Buffalo Bills (how much good will T.O. do the Bills before he falls back into being an enormous douche?). For the latecomers the West coast bill is the San Diego Chargers (will this be the year they finally live up to expectations?) vs. the Oakland Raiders (will this be the year they finally defy all expectations?).

Beer. Hot dogs. Pinball. Football. Beer. Football. Hot dogs. Pinball. Beer.

by L.S.Erhardt on 9/14/2009 @ 9:58am
I don't like football.

by izenmania on 9/14/2009 @ 10:25am
There are plenty of seats available which face away from the screen.

by KevinFreitas on 9/14/2009 @ 10:25am
@Thorax: Neither do I but it's very secondary to the regular Mon. occasion and they usually even just have it on mute. Not a sports bar by any means 'cause then I certainly wouldn't be there myself. C'mon down for some tasty food, friends, and pinball at least! I'll be there after riding my bike up the hills so refreshment will certainly be my first order of business.

by fredo on 9/14/2009 @ 10:40am
Glad to see a local business thriving in today's economic climate. Three cheers for the Red Hot!

by L.S.Erhardt on 9/14/2009 @ 10:46am
Yeah, the TVs are one reason I don't patronize Masa on 6th Ave. At least at the Harmon I can sit in areas where I can't really see/hear the TVs. Sure, I dislike most pro sports. But it's more than just that. If I'm going out to eat with a friend or girlfriend or family member, I'm going out to both enjoy food and the company... big ol' TVs really spoil that.

So where is the Red Hot located?

by fredo on 9/14/2009 @ 10:56am
Thorax, there's an item you can buy on the internet that allows you to discreetly turn off any TV. I think it's called TV B Gone or something like that. Sort of like a universal remote.

by L.S.Erhardt on 9/14/2009 @ 11:08am
Oh, I know well about the TV B-Gone. I've been meaning to buy one, just been too cheap to do it.

by izenmania on 9/14/2009 @ 11:14am
The Red Hot is located on 6th Avenue between Pine and Junett, on the South side of the street.

by L.S.Erhardt on 9/14/2009 @ 11:21am
Oh, ok... near Drastic Plastic.

by fredo on 9/14/2009 @ 10:38pm
Very unusal location, right between the wedding gown shop and the "give your stinky dog a bath" proprietorship.

by L.S.Erhardt on 9/14/2009 @ 10:46pm
the dogwash is a cool idea, unless your dog is afraid of water. My dog (RIP) was scared to death of that place.

by Crenshaw Sepulveda on 9/14/2009 @ 11:42pm
I gather your beloved pooch didn't actually die of going into the dog wash, would not be a good recommendation.

by izenmania on 9/21/2009 @ 4:50pm
Indianapolis Colts vs. Miami Dolphins tonight at The Red Hot. The Colts are looking to improve on last week's win, while the Dolphins hope to pick up their first win of the season.

by KevinFreitas on 9/21/2009 @ 5:07pm
Alas, a massive pile of woodchips beckons (plus I ate way too much greasy pizza this weekend). Enjoy and perhaps I'll be there next Mon. for my birthday!

by izenmania on 10/12/2009 @ 11:43am
The surprisingly good New York Jets are coming off their first loss and a shaky, turnover-ridden performance by Mark Sanchez, and looking to hold a division lead over the Patriots with a win tonight over the pretty dang mediocre Miami Dolphins.

Also: beer, hot dogs, pinball. The usual.

by KevinFreitas on 10/12/2009 @ 1:06pm
Contemplating... after a weekend of over a half dozen chili's tasted, an Oktoberfest themed baby shower, more chili, cupcakes, and my first bubble tea I may need an evening to detox.

by izenmania on 10/12/2009 @ 1:20pm
Heh, yeah... instead of the Chili-Off I went to a pot luck with sausage quiche, meatloaf covered in cheese and pepperoni, bacon fried rice, and other greasebomb delicacies.

by izenmania on 10/19/2009 @ 9:51am
The unlikely undefeated Denver Broncos (5-0) take on their closest division rival, the perennial "they really OUGHT to be good this year" San Diego Chargers (2-2).

by izenmania on 10/26/2009 @ 11:00am
It's the mediocre vs. the awful as the Eagles take on the Redskins. There's been a tendency for even the least promising of games to get exciting in the Monday Night spotlight, so who knows what will happen.