Forum Home | Politics & Government | Candidates & Elected Officials
Fredo's Roundtable Recap District 1 Primary election 8/16/11
on 8/15/2011 @ 9:21am
|The 4 candidates for this office all agreed to participate and fielded questions posed by the feedtacoma.com readers. Over the course of about 2 weeks the following questions were presented of the candidates (questions have been reordered):
1. $20 Car tabs (UrbanE)
2. Council giving voting advice (fredo)
3. Clear channel issue (nachos)
4. Curfew issue (nachos)
5. Candidates health (fredo)
6. Four year term intentions (fredo)
7. Potential Conflicts of interest (fredo)
8. Appeal to service members (nachos)
9. How to encourage neighborliness (Kev)
10. Development property issue (UrbanE)
11. Charter school issue (urbanE)
12. B&O tax threashold increase (fredo)
13. Moving the prairie line trail (Rick Jones)
14. Garbage collection pilot program (Rick Jones)
15. Winthrop Hotel plans (Rick Jones)
16. Financing timeline for Pleasants & Moses (Rick Jones)
17. Goals and timeframes (Jesse)
18. Funding of pet projects (fredo)
19. Funding options (fredo)
20. Sanctuary city issue (fredo)
21. Crosswalk inadequacy (Britton)
22. Voting without public input (fredo)
23. Rollback of minimum wage (nachos)
24. Candidate background (fredo)
25. City Credit Rating (fredo)
26. City Budget Cuts (fredo)
27. Bidding preference for local bidders (Nick)
28. How to handle mistakes (Nick)
29. Campaign signs (fredo)
30. Strong mayor system (Rick Jones)
31. City Charter amendments (Rick Jones)
32. Pt. Ruston development agreement (Rick Jones)
33. Luzon demolition decision making (Rick Jones)
In a perfect roundtable all 4 candidates would have provided a response to all 33 questions. We didn't do quite so well. I've indicated how many questions each candidate attempted to answer. I gave the candidate the benefit of the doubt even though numerous responses didn't actually address the question asked.
Carl: 16 (48%)
Anders: 15 (45%)
Joe: 9 (27%)
Karen: 3 (9%)
Tomorrow is election day so get your ballots in. And a big thankyou to the candidates and questioners.
by Rick Jones on 8/15/2011 @ 3:05pm
|Thanks YOU Fredo. Great idea.
by KevinFreitas on 8/15/2011 @ 3:58pm
|Thanks for the great work Fredo and to all the candidates for participating!
by jenyum on 8/15/2011 @ 7:26pm
|I was all set to finally make the big choice between Anders and Karen Smitherman, when out comes my ballot and...
I am now in District 3. (On this side of the street. D'oh!) Choice now delayed until November, with Robert Hill one of the candidates!
by fredo on 8/15/2011 @ 7:34pm
|jen, why don't you run for office? pretty sure you've got the goods.|
by NineInchNachos on 8/15/2011 @ 8:35pm
|Jen, does this help?